Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Getting the Nursery ready!

I was looking at the calendar today and started to get butterflies when I realized we are almost within a week of Misty's due date. I  need to start charting Misty's temperature regularly so I have no surprises.

Somehow I feel like Misty is going to be late like Dixie was for her last litter.  I am putting more confidence in the date given by her second breeding.  But I still have to get all the whelping supplies ready now.  The list of supplies is very long....old sheets, towels, thermometer, syringe, scale, scissors, string, etc.

I am also reading up on all the whelping information to be sure I am well prepared for the unexpected.  It is always important for me to reeducate myself every time we get close to a whelping.   It has been over a year since I last prepared!

One of the exciting things I did this summer to make our puppy space better was to redecorate the office/puppy room.   The old room still had the dingy carpet from the house when it was first built.  It needed replacing 12 years ago!  It has been long overdo for me to rip out the old carpet and put in a waterproof flooring.  I thought about real wood....but spending all that money for puppies to pee on it, did not sound like a good choice.   I researched and researched and discovered a new product called Allure Floating Vinyl Plank Flooring (sold by Home Depot).  It is made of vinyl but comes in planks and is made to look like wood.  It was given very high ratings by people with dogs.  I liked that!  But another big selling point is that it is super easy for someone with no experience (like me) to install.  It literally only took one afternoon to put in!  ....The only draw back as I can see, is it does look a bit fake next to my real hardwood in the foyer.  But I put a Seagrass Area Rug on it to give some warmth and I really don't notice it anymore.   I am thrilled with the results.  Of course, the area rug will be removed during the 2 months when are puppies are using the room.   But it makes the room feel cozy for the rest of the year.

Here is the room BEFORE the redecorating.  .

Our dingy old office needed a puppy friendly facelift!

Here is the room AFTER the redecorating......



Repainted, new flooring, a new rug...white paint freshens up the book case and desk.  Both desks were bought for a steal on Craigslist!


Since I only have a few litters a year, my room has to fulfill a dual purpose.  This is our computer room, homework room, library, office.   And when we have puppies it transforms into the nursery.

I already put an extra large crate in the back corner of the room for Misty to nest in.  Dogs seek out quiet corners to have their litters...Hopefully this spot isn't too bright for her.   She also would love to hide in the office closet.  I don't plan to have her whelp in either of these spaces.  I find a baby pool works best as a whelping box.  But at least if Misty hides in the crate or closet , she will be in the right room.

During the last week, I will enclose Misty in the office room if I have to leave the house and especially during the night.  If she happened to have her puppies without my knowing....at least there would be no damage to carpets or bedding in the office. The worst thing of all would be for her to whelp under my daughters bed....and so far she's been climbing under there a lot.  

I am so glad to have a fresh space for my puppy nursery!  And there is plenty of room for the puppy pens too.  I just won't put those up until the puppies have arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment