Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Question about Flea & Tick Meds

Charlotte at 6 months old
Hi Mary!

I had a quick question regarding Charlotte.  When we picked her up in November I thought you mentioned that you had a really good flea and tick collar (or prevention) that you recommended.  I believe you said that it was also a tick repellant?  I cannot remember the name of it though.  Could I ask you for your recommendation again?  I hope that everything is going well for you!

Charlotte's Mom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSE from MARY:

Hello!  
Thank you for your email and your adorable photo of Charlotte!   For the past 20 years I have used Frontline Plus on my dogs, and have kept a "Tick Nipper" handy for removing ticks.  What I didn't like about Frontline Plus, is that while it kills and repels fleas for 3 months, it only repels ticks for 1 month.  So that means ticks are jumping on the dog after the first month and can transfer Lyme's disease....or bring the ticks into your house where they might get on you or the kids!  Either way, it is not a good thing.   So in areas where ticks are a problem, one really should apply Frontline once a month...but as you can imagine that gets super expensive.  (especially with multiple dogs!)

So I asked my veterinary about an alternative medication to repel ticks longer.   He recommended Serenta Flea and Tick collars.  This collar repels  fleas and ticks for 8 months!  That means that in the Northern states, you could put the collar on your dog in the spring and it will work right up until winter.   

The initial cost of the Serenta collar may look expensive, but when you consider it a once a year purchase versus the yearly cost of Frontline then the savings is quite substantial.

I used the Serenta collar with Misty all last year, and I was quite happy with the results.  The only thing I didn't like, was that I had to remove the collar for bathing and grooming, and it wasn't very easy to take it on and off.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Wishing you a flea and tick free year!!!

---Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment