Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

12th day with the UGODOG Puppy Potty

This morning when I got up, I looked out the window and it was pouring rain.  I was a bit disappointed, since I was looking forward to a morning walk with Coco.   But at the same time I was very relieved that I did not have to take Coco out in that mess!   Visions of muddy paws, wet coat, and shivering puppy all flashed through my mind in a moment.

I walked over to Coco's pen and I could see Coco had used her UGODOG toilet during the night.  The pen was still perfectly clean.  I love the UGODOG Puppy Potty!

Don't let her tell you any different...I'm a GOOD dog!
Now let me tell you what happened yesterday.  Yesterday morning I was doing my usual puppy pen maintenance.  After removing the stinky pee pads I put a fresh Pee pad under the grate (with the small soiled piece to keep a pee scent).   I put another small piece of puppy pad on top of the grate so Coco could have that familiar piece on top.   I used a narrow strip of pee pad long enough to tuck the ends of the pad under the grate, so there was no chance for it to slip around or fall off the puppy potty.

After everything was in place in my puppy potty, I left the room for just a minute.  Alas!  When I returned my efforts had been undone!  Coco had walked right over to the puppy potty, and grabbed hold of that pee pad pulling it right off the top of the UGODOG.  Even though the pee pad was tucked under the edges, it was no match for a puppy on a mission.   She had torn it into a big crumbled mess.  Bits of the absorbent substance had been chewed into a million tiny bits all over the pen.   The big problem was Coco was chewing on the bits of fluff.  I was glad I checked back on her so soon.  It would not have been good for her to be chewing on these pieces of pee pad for very long.



So I took the crumbled piece of pee pad and tossed it in the garbage.  I got the vacuum hose and sucked up all the tiny bits from around the pen. 

The pen was clean once more.   The UGODOG still had a Pee Pad under the grate....but the top of the grate was now clear.   At that point I knew that I would never put another Pee pad on top of the UGODOG.   Now that Coco sees the Pee pad as a potential for destruction, I don't want to give her that opportunity.   Lucky for me, she is already so good with using the UGODOG, that it really is not needed anymore anyway. 

Give Mom the cute pathetic look and I can get away with anything!


I am so relieved that I have a UGODOG potty for Coco, because it gives a surface for the puppy to pee on, that Coco will not chew up.   Ideally, it would be a great time to also start Coco on a regular outdoor potty training schedule.  I am not going to start that right now, because I have travel plans in a few weeks, and want things to be as simple as possible for the family members who will care for Coco in my absence.   Instead I will just start taking Coco out for walks now and then to help her get use to using the potty outside.

I really like this method of raising a puppy.  So far Coco is not much more trouble than a hampster!   We are loving the ease of having a Puppy Toilet very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment