Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Coco update....

Cute as a button....Sure wish we could have some puppies!
Sweet little Coco does not have any exciting puppy news to share.  Coco has not been bred....and is not expecting puppies yet.    Of course, I am rather disappointed that it has not yet happened.  But all we can do is be patient.

I was hoping that Misty being in heat would encourage Coco to come into heat as well.  I started observing Coco very carefully every day to see if she was coming into heat.  Then one day one of my kids noticed something.  They called me over and sure enough Coco had a spot of blood.   I was so excited.  It should have been the first day of her heat.  So I watched and watched her for other signs during the days that followed.  I even put her in a diaper.   There was absolutely nothing else.
Toy Schnauzers never lose the 'puppy look'!

Normally taking a dog to the stud on Day 10 is optimum for breeding...but I was getting nervous that something was off with Coco's cycle.   So I made a decision to take her on Day 6.  I drove 2.5 hours to visit my friend Carol, who owns an Apricot Poodle stud and is also a very experienced breeder .   I left Coco there for a whole week.  Coco got along great with the stud poodle.  But there was absolutely no 'romantic' interest on Coco's part.  Carol always supervised there interactions....and watched Coco closely as well.  She too could see no other signs of heat in Coco, except that her stud was interested in her.  After a week, Coco would have none of it, so I decided to bring her home.

We don't quite know why Coco hasn't come into heat yet.  I will take her to the vet to have her checked to see what he says.   Coco definitely had a sign....but perhaps she never ovulated.  It has been almost a year since Coco's very first heat, and I certainly would have thought she'd have a litter by now.  So I am very disappointed.  But everything happens for a reason.  So I try to be patient.

In the mean time, I fully believe that God helps those who help themselves.  So over the past year, I have been actively pursuing the purchase of a Red poodle puppy for a stud dog.  I found several breeders around the country who were good prospects but the last few litters that we were waiting for did not produce a male! 

Finally the right puppy was born in August.  He is a deep Mahogany Red Color...He was well worth the wait!  He is very well bred, has Champions in his pedigree, was bred for red, with reds dominating his lineage.   So he will throw good color to his puppies.  He will grow to the right size for both Coco and Misty.   Although I was ready to buy him myself, a close friend of mine who breeds her beautiful female poodle was also willing to purchase him.  That is a better arrangement for me, another dog in this house would be a lot!  My friend has only two dogs, so it will be better for her.  This puppy will be a member of her family and well loved.  My friend lives close by so getting the dogs together will be easy.  Yah!   Hopefully now we are better able to catch Coco even if she has another silent heat!

Coco's puppies will be so amazing!  I have such a hard time being patient for this litter.  It will be good to have the distraction of the new little poodle puppy coming our way.  I will share photos of the red fellow next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment