Welcome to Our Puppy Blog!

Welcome to our blog! I am a small hobby breeder of Schnoodle puppies. My Schnoodles are a cross of the White Schnauzer with a Red Poodle. These dogs do not shed, are great for allergy sufferers, are friendly and easily trained.

We have 4 breeding females and sell our puppies face to face as required by APHIS rules for hobby breeders.


Our breeding dogs are from purebred Akc lines and the Schnoodle puppies are registered with ICA (the registry for Designer breed dogs.)

They will be vet checked, have their first set of shots, and they have been using a Ugodog Potty tray from 4 to 8 weeks. But this is just the beginning! Read through our posts to see the special care and attention we give our litter. You will enjoy watching our Growing Puppies!

We sell our puppies through our Waiting list. To reserve your spot on the Waiting List requires a $250 deposit. If you have any questions please email me at GrowingPuppies@gmail.com

Visit www.SchnoodlePuppy.weebly.com for more information on buying a puppy.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Seven Puppies!

Seven beautiful healthy puppies...all in a heap!
Dixie has seven beautiful puppies!   Phew I have to say, I feel like I just went through a birth myself.  It was quite an ordeal, and I was praying pretty hard, more than once.

So #6 came along and that was fine.

But somehow I had an intuition that #7 was going to be trouble.  Dixie was so exhausted she just lay there and pushed.  But she was still doing a good job taking care of her puppies, so I felt encouragement by that.  So when she started to push on #7 for the third time, and that little puppy started presenting himself, I was NOT wanting him to pop back in.  I was there and ready to assist as needed.  As he started to come through, I could see his tail and feet through the sack.  He was BREACH!

Oh darn it.  I know all about breach birth.  My daughter Christina was a breach baby.  I remember all the things the doctor told me during her birth.  How important it was that her arms are down and she come out one shoulder at a time, so she doesn't get stuck.  Luckily, I had also read just the other day, what to do for a breach puppy.  That you have to push them towards the Mama's belly button to help them come out right.   So I pushed a little and pulled after that...and out he came!   Whoo hoo!  All healthy and well.  Just like my little Christina.  And Dixie seemed no worse off for it.

I have to tell you all.  I have never had to intervene in any of Dixie's past births. They always went well enough.  With her first birth, she did have a still born.  It was the eighth puppy to be born, and it took a long time to come.  (that litter took 7 hours to be born.)  Still born pups are harder to deliver...so I felt blessed that I did not need to intervene on her behalf.

But now I feel like I am truly a mid-Woof.  I was able to help out when it was needed, and the pups all look healthy and strong!  Dixie, exhausted as she may be, is still caring for her pups and looking good after her long labor.   Thank you, Jesus!

How sweet they are as they cuddle up for warmth.
So here is the list of our litter:  Please note that when the puppies are first born it is tricky to tell the color of their wet fur.   But here you can get a good idea from these last photos. 

1.  Light apricot BOY  -- 2:17pm

2.  Med.apricot BOY  --- 4:00pm 
3.  Med apricot GIRL   --- 4:10 pm
4.  Light apricot BOY --- 4:25 pm
5.  Dark Red GIRL    --- 4:55 pm
6.  Medium apricot GIRL--  5:45 pm
7.  Dark Red BOY      ---6:05 pm

We have taken Dixie outside and she used the potty.  Then she ate a bowl of kibble and drank her water.  This is a very good sign that she is doing well.

The whelping box all cleaned up and fuzzy blankie will keep them warm.
I left Dixie nursing her puppies quietly in a dark room.   I will check on her before bed, but I don't wish to disturb her further.  We will wait to rinse her in the morning.  She's still quite a mess, but I feel like she needs to rest right now.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Dixie and Mary!!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day. We cannot express how happy and excited we are to meet the clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so happy we are actually CRYING here in Arlington!!!! We can not wait to get one of Dixie's lovely pups!

    ReplyDelete